Monday 25 February 2008

Epping Forest Mountain Bike - King Of The Mountains


We went to Epping Forest on Sunday for a morning mountain biking. Myself, Scott, Keith and Joe met at Tesco's in Chelmsford at 0730 and were on our bikes in the Forest by 0830. I loved it. I just love being on my bike.

We followed a couple of routes we found here (http://eppingtrails.co.uk). Using Joe's new GPS system we covered about 15 miles. We rode for appx 2 hours and were not riding for just over an hour. This does me in, as I want to ride.. But with stopping to adjust bikes, have picnics and check our routes, I guess we had no choice. But next time I want to go faster...And I don't want to stop.

The Forest was in good condition. Not too muddy and at some points nice and sunny. I think we are slowly getting the hang of Epping and looking on the map above (which outlines our route) I think we have covered most of areas in the Forest. There is singletrack all over; I need to go back. No one really came off. We did some downhill bits but mostly just following our route through the trees. I can still feel my back wheel skiding gently into the corners. It really is ace.

T

No comments: