Thursday 3 April 2008

Bad hand and bad leg


Right hand -

I have broken my finger. I had an xray and it shows I fractured my right little finger. I spent 4 hours in A&E and then 4 hours at the Fracture Clinic. It's OK though. I just can fall on it for 6 weeks from when I did it (6th March, on the bike at Danbury).

It's Thursday night (3rd April) and I've not ridden my mountain bike for a month. I have to wait another two weeks. I cannot risk damaging it some more.

Ankle -

I saw the physio last week. He has given up.. He is not able to fix me. The injury has now switched to the other leg and is more severe. I cannot run for 15 seconds without having a limp for 4 days. When I run I can almost feel it grind in my right ankle. The physio no longer thinks it is ankle impingement but is now saying I have bad bio-mechanics and has refered me back to my GP who has now referred me to a orthopedic consultant and supposedly a podiatrist. In the meantime I am going to see a private podiatrist next Tuesday..

Great eh ? No running for 2 months and now no mountain biking.. I am going to get a new road bike.

T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TĂȘnis e Sapato, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tenis-e-sapato.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that Toby.
Do the doctors think sufficient rest and then a less intensive running regime is possible in the future?