Tuesday 6 May 2008

Back running

I've said this before - I am back on the road running.

After a week of gentle 15 min jogs on the treadmill, last Wed I went out at lunchtime in London and did 3 miles with Iain. On Friday, we did the same and then today Tuesday we did it again. 3 miles aorund Brondesbury Park, across Kilburn High Road and back to the factory. Great.

Last Wed it was cold and raining. Today baking hot. Friday was the hardest.

It's hard work. I am not sure I could do more than the 3 miles. We were fast though (for us) - an average 8.17 mile pace today.

No real problems with the legs. A slight twinge in the right calf and ankle. But we are stopping to stretch after the first 10 mins and then I stretch like crazy once we get back. My cardio is coping, just. And my aching back is getting better. Running is just so much more demanding than any cycling you can do.

However, I did a 15 mile road ride on Saturday and a 13 mile 'off road' ride on Sunday (Galleywood, across the train line to Hylands and back), which was fun.

T

No comments: