Saturday 10 November 2007

my stiff calf is getting better

So. I've been running. Have you been running ? I've not been writing; but you, you've done some reading no doubt. Try some writing, like running, it's good for you.

However, hang on. My running hurts. My running gave me a bad calf. Although, maybe according to my physio I have a tear in my calf from years ago. And if I hadn't upped my weekly mileage from 0 (zero) to 35 in 6 months I would never have felt it. But hey. It's getting better and I have no idea what I am going on about. I have no point to make. I just want to post my run data.

So. Yep. Running again. Finally -

On the treadmill for what seems like weeks. Alternate days starting at 8 min runs to finally 20 mins until last Wednesday (1st Nov) when Iain and I ran at lunchtime from the Factory to Brondsbury Park and back (2.8 miles ? / 28 mins). We stopped and stretched 10 mins in. There's a slight hill off of Kilburn High Road covered in leaves. We dodged the dog shit, hidden like mines. It was very great to be outside running in London again.

Sunday 4th Nov - (3.34 miles / 10:03 pace) On my own. An early morning misty run through the park. The route Morgan and I did in the summer (I miss you Morgan..). My leg twinged a bit. I saw another runner. A slender young man with all the kit. I passed him on Waterhouse Lane.

Tuesday 6th Nov - (2.91 miles / 10:00 pace) From Maygrove to Brondsebury again with Iain. We sprinted at the end. My legs feel heavy but my heart and lungs could go for miles.

Thursday 8th Nov - 30 mins on the treadmill. No stiffness or pain at all.

Saturday 10th Nov - Today.. (4.42 miles / 9:59 miles). Great run. Cold. I could have gone for ages but with the words of the physio forbidding me from even 10 mins on the road, and scared I'd see her as I bounded through the park I came home to eggs and bacon and a slightly stiff leg.

Bye
T

No comments: