Tuesday 22 January 2008

Am I my own worst enemy ?


I'm injured again.... I can't believe I'm writing that. I have the exact same injury in my calf as before. I ran Weds before last at lunchtime and I didn't stretch. It was tight the following day but on the Friday I went out, again at lunchtime, and I've not been right since.

I spend good money on physio. I am online conversing with other runners. I buy and read books and magazine and yet... I don't listen. I don't stretch properly and I ignore the subtle signs my body gives me. It is doing me in. So why do I do it ? I do it cos I love to run. But next time, in like 1 months time when I am back I WILL do as I am told. I have learn't my lesson for the 2nd time. This time, the next time, I will do it right. Running is about self discipline. I used to think it was about sweat and the taste of blood in my mouth. I now know it is about that but it is also a more gentle and subtle thing. I am may have a heart made of iron but my aching legs are aching for a reason. I am getting old.

If you reading this as a runner, who is still running, you are being gifted. Enjoy it.

I will be back.

In the meantime I am on my bike.

T

No comments: