Saturday 1 March 2008

Breakfast in Thetford


What did you have for breakfast yesterday ?

I had 20 miles of Thetford Black Run for mine. That's 20 mile of off road mountain biking in Thetford Forest in 1 hour 50 mins, all before 10 in the morning.

I had a meeting in Woolpit in the morning, so being the obsessive I am, I saw a gap in my schedule drove to Thetford at 0600 in the morning and was in the forest at 0745; it was pretty damn fantastic. I was the only person there. I saw loads of deers and at one point some kind of boar, maybe. The riding was good. The tracks are bedding down and the mud is drying. It was warmish, and at some points sunny.

I rode hard and as fast I could at some points. I was only going to do the route once, but within site of my car (and at the end of first lap) I knew I was going to do it again. The 2nd lap was faster; I'm kinda getting the hang of the Black Run now. I can even recall sections of it. Usually, I cannot recall anything as during the ride I'm concentrating on what's immeadiatley happening, my breathing, aching back and the bike.

Next time I'm going to do the Red Run properly. I'm hoping this route may be more flowing, so I can really get some speed up.

So, yeah mountain biking, I love it. But, I want to run.. To get an equivalent buzz from biking for me takes 2 hours of riding. Running is so much easy to organise but like 4 times harder. Anyway, still no running for me. The other leg has gone now. I can't bring myself to write about it.

T

No comments: