Tuesday 11 March 2008

Danbury Common Mountain Biking with Explosive Pete


I was 40 years old at the weekend. Libby and I went to Swaffham, in Norfolk and stayed in a hotel. It was very nice. The kids were with the in-laws; it was just me, Libs and my sore hand, and aching legs..

Sore hand ? Yep. A busted hand. I am now middle aged and past it. I have damaged feet, ankles, calves and now fingers. I fell off my bike at Danbury Common on Thursday and dislocated my right little finger. I snapped it back into position and rode back to the car. I had an xray today. I wont know for sure till end of the week but I dont think it's fractured just really torn.

Danbury - was great though. I met Explosive Pete on the forums at Bike Radar and he, together with his brother Jonathon, offered to show me round Danbury. We did appx 15 miles in 2 or 3 hours (punctures, picnics - the usual necessary stops). What a great ride.. Big climbs, fast steep descents, miles and miles of tracks. Better than Epping. And with the bombholes, and jumps and sweeping tracks at Blakes Wood really quite hairy.

Pete and Jonathon rode faster than I am used to but I kept up, just. Great day out. Pity I can't move my right hand properly.

T

No comments: