Thursday 17 April 2008

Danbury Common - early Monday morning


Joe and I did a nice 10 mile ride on the MTB at Danbury this Monday morning. We started at 0630 and rode for appx 2 hours. Thence to work.

Good to be back on the MTB. We're going to do it all over again this Sunday. But this time I want to do it twice.

I've been out a few times on the Phantom (my £9.99 road bike - pic above) with Simon. In the last two weeks we did a 15 mile and a 20 mile route in Billericay, Ingatestone. Our average speed was 17mph. However, during the 20 miler on Sunday the Phantom's gear cable snapped and the handlebars came all lose. But did that stop me ?

I'm thinking again about getting a nice road bike. But do I need a a £500 road bike ? The Phantom is maybe good enough. I think I'm doing a good speed and it's comfortable (I can beat Wellsy). And on Sunday in the driving rain, with the dodgy handlebars and half my gears gone, still kinda perfect. It was quite fantastic actually. I think I had a bit of an epiphany - road biking is quite great.

Anyway, here I hope is a link to the Danbury off road we did on Monday -


View Larger Map

T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.