Thursday 19 July 2007

Very Great


So. Yesterday Nike emailed me and offered me a free place in the Great North Run. I accepted. This is a half marathon at the end of September in Newcastle. I've never run anything like a half marathon before; indeed before February the farthest I had run in 20 years was quite literally no more than a few hundred yards, and here I am..

You know what ? All that stuff about sport being great and everything ? Well it is.

So in celebration of yesterdays news I went for a quick 30 min jog at lunchtime. I was in Woolpit in Suffolk working and took off kinda blindly following a footpath across a field. I ended up behind some prefabs in one of those 'back passages' some houses have that are totally overgrown and are covered in invisble, but smelly, cat shit. (2.75 miles in 28 minutes).

Today, back in London, at lunch I did my route to Hampstead and back, which was nice. I find myself insulting the traffic wardens in that part of London (Camden). It's one of my many public services, insulting these crooks. Today this chap called me 'wanker' back. Fair enough really. (3.25 mile in 33 minutes).

It was great in London today though. My run was easy. It is a precious time, running like that.

I have been listening to Six Organs Of Admittance. They are very great.

Namaste

No comments: