Saturday 6 October 2007

The Concretes

I was in a pub in Bedford on Tuesday talking about karaoke with a young lady called Tammy. Tammy suggested to me that ladies are more reluctant to sing karaoke than men. We both opined why this might be the case; I suggested it was because in popular music many iconic male musical artists do not have 'perfect' singing voices, yet are successful. I gave Tammy the examples of Bob Dylan and Morrissey. I then suggested that there were not many popular female singers with anything less than 'perfect' voices. Tammy looked at me like I was a crossword and suggested the main reason, in her experience, for men to be more keen to do karaoke was, 'cos most men were dickheads'.

Here is a track by The Concretes. It's called 'A Whales Heart'. The girl singing this has not got a technically perfect voice, but she sounds great. Download it here - http://www.mediafire.com/?2tzmh9gxjmz

T

PS - ankle still wasted. Not run in 3 weeks.

2 comments:

wise isaac said...

Tammy is right

Anonymous said...

Toby, your theory is interesting though wrong.
Tammy is also wrong
Most men don't take themselves that seriously unlike your friend Tammy

Morgan