Wednesday 18 June 2008

Blister on foot is doing my head in


What a great picture this is ? This is a 'Study for Head of George Dyer' by Francis Bacon. After seeing this image reproduced in the Metro this morning I have decided that Francis Bacon is my 'new favorite old artist'. How did he paint this ? It seems almost alien in its execution..

I have a whacking great blister on my left foot. It is precluding me from running.

I am going to Barcelona at the weekend with Mike to see our Spanish friend Carl Duffy. I want to run in Barca; I am resting my blister.

Frances Bacon would have painted a good picture of my blister.

T

1 comment:

Zippy said...

Have fun in Barca and give Carlos the Chuckle a hug from me, and say hello to the blister. Have you given it a name yet? How about "Bacon"?

Zippy the String