Wednesday 25 June 2008

Too old to rock n roll ? / Please excuse my gay mate


So we went to Barcelona for the weekend. Mike bought me my flight and got the room in our hostel for my 40th. We spent the weekend with our Spanish friend Carl Duffy. It was rather unhealthy - I still feel somewhat 'out of sorts'.

What we did on our holiday -

1) Got wasted
2) Got ill (not me, Mike)
3) Went to the beach.
4) Had a splendid lunch.
5) Nearly got mugged.
6) I missed my kids, and wife...
7) I did a very hot 4 mile run - I think I must of had some performance enhancing drugs still in me.
8) Turned gay (not me, Carl)
Blablablah

On the way home I decided that the best album I have heard all year is the MGMT record 'Oracular Spectacular'. This here is 'Time To Pretend' as originally featured on an ep from 2005. The latest version from the album is *much* better but you can get that anywhere. The lyrical sentiment of the track seems apt to me given me and my two mates are now middle aged dads with wives and mortgages when once we thought we were rock n roll stars...

Get it here -http://rapidshare.com/files/124994343/01_time_to_pretend_time_to_pretend_ep_2005.mp3.html

T

No comments: