Friday 27 June 2008

(Could Be) A Country Thing, City Thing, Blues Thing - Richard Ashcroft


I think I used to love the Verve. They kind of came at end of an era for me. The britpop thing was happening. Libby and I were living in Camden. And the whole Oasis thing became very boring very quickly. But I can't really remember much about those times to be honest. We were in the Serious Road Trip. It's all a blur. I kinda knew at the time that it was our last gasp of youthful ways. It was fun. And we were there..

Listening now to Urban Hymns is great. Especially as I don't think I listened to it much when it was released. Anyway... I heard the new Verve single (it's on their Myspace site) and I've decided it's great. And then I remembered this track; '(Could Be) A Country Thing, City Thing, Blues Thing'. It is a B-side to, I think, the first solo single by Richard Ashcroft and it is fantastic. I love it.

Get it here -
http://rapidshare.com/files/125463211/B-Sides___Rarities_Could_Be__A_Country_Thing__City_Thing__Blues_Thing.mp3.html

If you like it (or not) leave me a message, please.

T

No comments: