Wednesday 29 August 2007

10 Miles

I ran 10 miles on Sunday. This is the furthest I have ever run. It was easy. In fact this Sunday I am going to attempt 13 miles..

My 10 miler was through the common to Walberswick from Haw Wood in Suffolk. Early morning. I left at 0650 and ran at a 10:12/ mile pace. I could have gone faster but the terrain for at least a third was sandy track, puddles and paths. It was a great run though.

I did 5 miles yesterday morning. Again in Suffolk. This time an 'out and back' from Haw Wood. And today I may head out to Hampstead for the 4.5 mile hilly route. But we'll see. I am busy, busy, busy.

I am thinking of changing my training routine. Currently I run 5 / 6 times each week and average 4 - 5 miles on each run. I am thinking of running less often but for more miles. Any ideas ?

T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No ideas at all, Toby. I know it'll get harder to run though on those cold, dark winter mornings ahead. Excellent breakthrough for you - 10 miles- and with your legs! The Great North Run beckons!

Unknown said...

Gene Clark was a genius and 'No Other' was brilliant. Check out 'Lay Down Your Weary Tune' from Dylan's 'Biograph' box-set. The phrase 'Strength of Strings' is lifted from there.

See you on Facebook...