Tuesday 28 August 2007

Who Knows Where The Time Goes


Go here for one of the greatest songs that has ever been recorded - http://www.mediafire.com/?2fhj0dhimnx

This is 'Who Knows Where The Time Goes' by Fairport Convention.. Yep, that's Fairport Convention... Trust me this song will change your metabolism, make you smile and think about those you love. This is a perfect song. It is performed and sung with a languid, understated passion that to my ears is about as good as it gets. It is one of those rare songs where you know the musicians and songwriters accomplished what they set out to do. The place this song will take you is the exact same place this group of 1970's folkies intended you to go. This song is an aberration. An accidental time machine. In fact the song is about time and Sandy Denny is a Timelord.

The last time I was in LA my man Snoop Dog had this track on constant play on his pod (ipod). Happy memories of me and Dre and Snoop 'kicking back' with Richard Thompson's silvery guitar chiming through the Hollywood hills. Good times..

If it's good enough for Snoop. And it's good enough for me and Dre, it's going to be good enough for you too.

At the end of summer we acquiesce in to Autumn. I'm kinda desperate to get there; I need to know we made it through another season.

Amen.

T

No comments: