Friday 24 August 2007

Donuts

So. Last night I went running. I was planning 5 miles in 50 minutes. However, I didn't set up my Nike+ properly and ran the first 30 mins with no record.. But I reckon I did 5 miles in appx 50 minutes. I didn't set up my Nike+ cos as I opened my front door there was a middle aged man on the street outside our gate kneeling down doing something to the next door neighbor's cat. He looked up at me and asked if the cat was mine. I told him it wasn't and gave him the evil eye. He got up and walked down the road fiddling with his phone.. I ran around the block in an event to see where he was going. I found him walking into town. He was still fiddling with his phone but seemed rather innocuous from the other side of the road so I didn't confront him, in fact I don't think he even saw me a I puffed along on the other side of the road.

It was a good run, but I had been in Brighton earlier in the day for a meeting and visited the pier with my assistant Toni. Toni and I ate 42 donuts. Big proper donuts. We sat in a shelter, the wind and rain whipping past us, the sugar from the donuts stuck to our top lips and down our fronts. It was great. So anyway, the donuts may have slowed me down a nano second.

We are away again now in our caravan till Monday or Tuesday.

Go here and read this - http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/andrew_anthony/2007/08/by_happy_coincidence_comment_i.html

T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me you're joking about the doughnuts, please, and beware of strange men.

When you get the chance, listen to Handel's Saraband, preferably played on the piano only. The musical 'theme' itself is simple, but listen to the harmony at certain points and marvel at the ability to write such music, then to physically play it with just two hands.

wise isaac said...

Yes, Toby, 42 doughnuts is rather a lot. And I'm worried about what that geezer did to your neighbours cat. PLease check to see if it's ok next time you see it.