Monday 13 August 2007

The Ringing In My Ears


And then we came home..

Had a great holiday. Hard work. Weather was fantastic for half the time. Kids had a ball. I read some bits and pieces and watched a movie or two, listened to music and got wasted. Did some running. Ate food. Wore clothes. Slept. Argued and fought with the noisy people in the caravan next door.. etc etc.

The highlight though were my kids; the best bit was touching their cold sticky faces with the backs of my fingers as they finally stopped shouting for ice creams and 'accidentally' hurting one another, and blissfully watched Cars on the portable DVD player in the caravan after a hard day on the beach.

I am sure they perceptively change and grow in front of my eyes in a week like that. My boy seems more patient, my girl even more precious. They drove me occasionally mad; I can still hear their voices ringing in my ears. Which is good.

Anyway, a running log follows here -

11/08 - Saturday - 2.66 miles (10:30 mile pace) - ankle hurt. through the back roads in Walpole. Finished early. It was hot.

10/08 - Saturday - 5.53 miles (10:05 mile pace) - seemed longer and further. An out and back route from Walpole. Warm. A good run.

09/08 - Friday - 4.08 miles (9.46) - with Mike on the other side of the site to the 'natural healing place'and back. A great run.

08/08 - Wed - 6.32 miles (10:02) - a hard early morning run from Haw Wood Farm through the common nearly to Walberswick. The common was silent. Cold dew flicking up and hitting my shins until I hit the sandy track (see the self portrait above).

07/08 - Monday - 8.23 miles (10:11) - an early morning run to Walberswick from Haw Wood through the common past the 'great big house'. The best run of the week. I could have carried on and I think it was nothing more than habit that made me turn around and head 'home'.

06/08 - Sunday - about 3 miles with Alec. More of a run / walk. He found it quite hard.

05/08 - Saturday - the 'loop' from Haw Wood and back again. Not sure of the pace, but it was sub 10:15 and that's all that counts. Good run. Cloudy.

03/08 - Thursday - lunchtime run with Iain in London from Kilburn. About 5 miles. We were quite fast. We just headed out and then zig-zagged our way back to Maygrove. I think I prefer running in London to anywhere else.
T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Toby. I bought Scott some running shorts today hehe.

wise isaac said...

You like a character out of Ghostbusters in that photo