Monday 17 September 2007

Achilles Tendonitis

I ache. The back of my left ankle hurts. I can't walk properly. I am having to walk up and down stairs sideways..

I ran to Hampstead on Thursday - 4 miles. Rested till Sunday when I did 9 miles (but the Ipod stopped after 7...).

My left ankle has been hurting for a week or two now. But after Sundays run, or more specifically Monday morning (today), my ankle has nearly seized up. I've been online and I am fairly sure I have a damaged tendon and it looks like achilles tendonitis. It hrts more when I flex my foot straight out / point my feet and toes. I am gutted. I'm going to rest it now for as long as I can. I am very worried.

T

3 comments:

londonjogger said...

hey toby. sorry to hear this. It does sound like AT but I'd go to a PT to be sure. They will probably tell you to rest it for a while which I know is not want you will what to hear or do. There are calf exercises and icing too. I made a decision to not run for a while although I have read alot on forums were people have just managed AT and continued running with pain etc. I thought I'd give myself a shot at getting better as ultimately i want to run for years and long distances so am thinking long-term. But I could rest 12 weeks and it comes back - it's a bugger injury. Personally I'd try to get rid of it by resting and not making it worse if I was you. Hopefully yours is not too severe and improves quickly.

Unknown said...

Toby, not sure if you've seen the doc yet and i'll bet you've had a good look online but... Spoke to the physio this morning who recommends to rest as much as poss, ice it every day and try to get ultrasound. She said as it's an acute injury if you see the doc now you should get physio quicker. Hope this is of some help.
Scott

wise isaac said...

have a bag of monster munch and watch some crap on youtube X