Wednesday 26 September 2007

Cobwebs


My ankle feels a lot better. I woke this morning to no soreness or stiffness, in my ankle.. Went to the gym and it still feels ok.

I've been taking Nerofen and icing the ankle 2 or 3 times day and have been doing heel drop exercises recommended by a PT at the gym, who has just qualified as a physio. Apparently in Canada, where this chap did 6 months training, this is now the latest way to heal Achilles tendonitis.

What you do is -
1) Start with both feet on a step with heels hanging off the step. Weight should be on the balls of both feet to start.
2) Drop down off of the step and decelerate quickly at the bottom of the movement. Don't bounce at the bottom but halt the lowering movement as fast as possible.
3) do a toe raise slowly. Start with both feet. Then progress to one foot at a time.

I've been doing these exercises since Saturday along with the Nerofen and icing, and not running; *maybe* things are getting better. I am going to London Marathon Store at lunchtime to see if I can now sort out if my current trainers (Brooks Vapour) are to blame. And hopefully I may run at the weekend.. But we shall see. I am not going to push it. And it is early days.

On the way to the factory today I found myself playing a favourite Spiritualized track. This being a cover of a Junior Kimbrough track 'Sad Days and Lonely Nights'. And on a cold London morning trudging through the 'transport' system it blew my cobwebs away. Go here for a copy and play LOUD - http://www.mediafire.com/?6uknnynggpmjavascript:void(0)
Publish Post

T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.