Sunday 9 September 2007

Songbird



So. I got distracted from the new Tarantino movie by last year's Willie Nelson album 'Songbird'. Produced by Ryan Adams, who along with his band the Cardinals, also plays on the album. 'Songbird' is an album of covers with some originals.

It's wonderful record. I don't think it had great reviews when it was released, but what does everyone else know ? Not a lot.

'Songbird' is peppered with 3 or 4 kinda standard country rock tracks. The rest are celestial modern country classics; shimmering guitars with Willie's iconic voice set in the middle of the mix like the north star. The whole record swings and reflects on life. It's melancholic and yet resigned. Perfect company for a Friday night.

I particularly like the title track, 'Songbird'. You can get a copy on this track here - http://www.mediafire.com/?exmsli9n2gx

I did 11 miles on Saturday. Private road / Hylands Park and woods, Writtle, path(s) to Admiral Part, Station, etc. Fantastic run. I'd not run since Thursday. So I'd been waiting for this chance to get out. Perfect way to spend a couple of hours.

Oh, and I did appx 5 miles on Thursday in the evening in Chelmsford. But the Nike Plus wasn't working so I don't know how far and at what pace. Good run though.

This morning (Monday) I did 26 mins on the treadmill at the gym. I pushed the speed up to 8 min miles, for appx 9 mins, and nearly fell off. It was hard work. I kept the speed up and ran as hard and fast as I could. I came off there feeling more knackered than my 11 miles on Saturday.

T

No comments: